If you a regular watcher of the Deadliest Catch TV series, you might have wondered how big the boats are, what the typical sizes of a crab boat are, and which of the competing boats is the biggest. I’ve done all that research for you!
The biggest crab boat on Deadliest Catch is Fierce Allegiance at 166 feet (or 50.6 meters long) from season 1. It is closely followed in size by Wizard (156 feet), Southern Wind (148 feet), Lady Alaska (138 feet), and Trailblazer (133 feet).
What are typical crab boat sizes?
Below you can see crab boat size comparisons for the most popular boats in the Deadliest Catch show.
- Aleutian Ballad – 32.6 meters / 107 feet
- Artic Dawn – 29.6 meters / 97 feet
- Big Valley – 28 meters / 92 feet
- Billikin – 40.2 meters / 132 feet
- Cornelia Marie – 38.1 meters / 125 feet
- Early Dawn– 32.9 meters / 108 feet
- Erla-N – 36 meters / 118 feet
- Farwest Leader – 33.5 meters / 110 feet
- Fierce Allegiance – 50.6 meters / 166 feet
- Incentive– 26.8 meters / 88 feet
- Kiska Sea – 38.1 meters / 125 feet
- Kodiak – 33.8 meters / 111 feet
- Lady Alaska – 42 meters / 138 feet
- Lise Marie – 23.8 meters / 78 feet
- Lucky Lady – 17.7 meters / 58 feet
- Maverick – 28 meters / 92 feet
- North American– 33.5 meters / 110 feet
- Northwestern– 38.1 meters / 125 feet
- Ramblin’ Rose – 32.9 meters / 108 feet
- Retreiever – 40.5 meters / 133 feet
- Rollo – 32 meters / 105 feet
- Saga – 33.2 meters / 109 feet
- Sea Star – 31.7 meters / 104 feet
- Southern Wind – 45.1 meters / 148 feet
- Summer Bay – 32 meters / 105 feet
- Time Bandit – 34 meters / 113 feet
- Trailblazer – 40.5 meters / 133 feet
- Vixen – 29.8 meters / 98 feet
- Western Viking – 26.2 meters / 86 feet
- Wizard – 47.5 meters / 156 feet
What is the largest crab boat in the Bering Sea?
Despite what you might have read elsewhere, the largest crab boat in the Bering Sea is not the Alaskan Enterprise. Whilst it might be one of the biggest vessels ever manufactured for crab fishing, it certainly isn’t the longest at 150 feet.
The largest crab boat in the Bering Sea is Fierce Allegiance which was featured in the Deadliest Catch TV series. It comes in at a whopping 166 feet in length, making it one of the largest crab fishing boats operating in the Bering Sea.
What is the smallest crab boat on Deadliest Catch?
As we’re on the subject of crab boat fishing sizes, let’s take a look at what the smallest crab boat on the Deadliest Catch is. If you refer back to the typical sizes listed in the bullets near the top of this page you can see that:
The smallest crab boat on the Deadliest Catch TV series is the Lucky Lady at 58 feet in length (17.7 meters). The next two smallest crab boats in operation are the Lisa Marie (78 feet long), and the Western Viking (86 feet long).
All the crab boat sizes in this research have been measured from the front and end tips of the vessels. You can see how to measure a boat’s length properly elsewhere on Pontoonopedia.
The last word…
So, there you have it; you now know what the biggest crab fishing boat on the Deadliest Catch is, plus the largest vessel operating in the Bering Sea crab industry.
If you love the Deadliest Catch (and let’s face it, who doesn’t) then you might also be interested in these other amazing facts and figures about the show: